Dear fellow classmates,
My name is Rhiannon and I am named after a Fleetwood Mac song. To start off I’d like to let everyone know why I am enrolled in college and what my plans are for the future. I am currently at Missouri Western to complete pre-requisites before I attempt to get accepted at UMKC and get into the dental hygiene program. It’s always been my dream to be an orthodontist but with the lack of patience I decided to go with something I could reach a little bit quicker. I am still adjusting to the whole college thing and I really don’t know what to say or think about it. I like to play everything by ear and wait and see what happens.
Outside of school I like to stay busy, I have always stayed busy with work, school, and sports. I currently work two jobs and go to school full time, I have a lot on my plate and no time for sports anymore. In my free time I like to hang out and play x-box with my friends and just relax. When I find time off both work and school I like to take a road trip or go on vacation, even if it’s just to Branson. I love to travel with my boyfriend of 6 years and our next destination is Jamaica!
I look forward to working with all of you and our instructor Amy this semester. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope we all can reach our goal one day.
Your classmate,
Rhiannon Corkins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well you certainly are busy! I can relate. I work two jobs as well and go to school full-time. Grad school is certainly no slice of cake! I'm certain you will do well. Do you hope to attain your general education requirements at Missouri Western before applying to UMKC?
ReplyDeleteI love to travel as well. Recently, I went to Pittsburgh, PA. Unfortunately, it wasn't much of a destination spot, but I was able to get away from MO. I have also been to D.C., New York, California and Japan.
I do plan on completing my requirements before I attend UMKC. I plan on applying by spring of 2011! I have learned alot from college, it is a wake up call for sure! I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one that is always doing something. For awhile I felt like I needed to step back and enjoy life but, that's what vacation is for!
ReplyDeleteYou've been to Japan! Now that sounds like fun! You will have to bring some pictures to share with me!
I have...unfortunately, I was not old enough to actually appreciate it and its culture. I was in the fifth grade at the time! My uncle who was stationed in Japan at the time was in the Navy. However, if I can dig up some photos, I will bring them in :D
ReplyDeleteI envy you for being young and capable of handling so much. School is hard enough but to be able to focus on your goal and work two jobs would be stressful. I think it is great that you are going to go to UMKC alot of young student would be a little scared to change school. You seem like you enjoy life and all the world has to offer. I am not one who enjoys traveling to far. Where is the best place you have visited and do you plan to work here or somewhere else?
ReplyDeleteI loved the new call of duty it's one of the beat games I've played last year. Highly addictive. Hopefully everything works out with you being an orthadonist. It's great that you and your boyfriend are well traveled. You guys should consider Portugal it's a very nice place to visit. And you umkc is a great school I'm sure you'll like it there
ReplyDelete