My goal in this paper is to try and understand for myself and others, just why rappers do what they do in music videos and say what they say in their lyrics. I want to know just why they use half naked women, slang, and glorify violence and prison in their videos. My audience will be teens and young adults that listen to rap music or have the same questions as I do. By understanding these actions I am going to look into the rapper 50 cent also nicknamed Fiddy. 50 cent now has a movie out about him and the 9 times he was shot. I have seen the video myself and I agree it is a very violent, gang related movie. I like to stand in the middle of everyone’s opinion and see both sides of the issue. When trying to convince my audience why rappers use violence I will use examples from 50 cents movie, music, and his background. I know just from the movie that 50 cent had a rough life and lost his mother through drugs and violence. I also know that 50 cent was so involved in gangs and drugs that he now wheres a bullet proof vest everywhere he goes for his own safety. By reffering to 50 cent I believe I can cover alot of issues on this subject.
Clarkyboy. “Rap Music and Violence.” http://www.clarkyboy.com/rapmusic.htm. 2005. Web. 23 February 2010.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So from what I understand you intend to conduct a close analysis of 50 Cent's authenticity in hip hop music and how/why he is misogynistic, glorifies violence, and how the prison complex is credible. You have ALOT that you want to discuss. I suggest choosing one of these themes. In order to have an effective, close analysis, select one. It will make for a much tighter focus.
ReplyDeleteYes of course, I'm always overwhelmed with ideas! I like the glorifying violence and prison theme. 50 cent seems to rap about violence and prison more than he does any other subject.
ReplyDeleteI think that using very close examples of prisons, women, and violence that 50 Cent uses it will keep the reader engaged. In my CRJ, I used the example of his video "Candy Shop," where there are various girls that he is seen with. I'm curious as to what makes this okay for him, and why others would be frowned upon if they were to have all of those girls in their music videos.
ReplyDeleteInteresting ideas. This is an argument which can go both ways, you will have those who like what rappers like 50 cent do and those that don't. But the majority of these videos are basically a story of the lives that they live and what they go through. Just a thought. I will be interested to read your paper.
ReplyDelete