Saturday, April 3, 2010

While reading through Female Chauvinist Pigs I found it surprising that Joe Francis (founder of GGW) came up with such a thing. He gives out beads and t-shirts to women that flash his camera and pose sexual acts for him. Yes just beads and t-shirts, I can not believe women do this for such little in return. That is what the women get and Joe gets two private jets, a mansion, and a retreat. The average woman earns this for Joe. I can not believe the standards some have lowered themselves to. It does not take much for a guy to get a girl to do whatever it is he wants to see. Women have been influenced by porn stars posing in Playboy, magazines, T.V stars, and advertisements to look as sexy as possible. It is sad to see that people like Joe Francis are blind to see what they are doing. It makes no sense to me that women would lower themselves to this for men. After all what happened to the Women's movements and morals? I understand they are still there in a way, but we don't see that. All we see is sex advertised everywhere, and a great majority of the time it only involves women.

I don't have any personal experiences with Playboy or GGW , but I have had plenty of late-nighters and seen plenty of advertising for it. I also see friends and peers around me striving for the female model sex image. I see girls getting boob jobs, which I never thought I would personally come across someone I knew getting one. I see girls wearing less and less at younger ages and it is sickening. I always wonder and worry about having kids, because every child has the chance to fall into one of these traps. I just hope I can teach them good morals and help them goin the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is very sad.

    I don't watch TV, so I have been somewhat sheltered from all this. It makes it hard to contribute to class discussion though. I have learned far more than I ever wanted to know in this class and not just about English!

    I think it is in chapter five that Levy says they are making thongs for children as young as seven. Scary!

    ReplyDelete